Safelink Wireless - safelink,no minn.

Feb 20, 2012
review #298645

i received my phone in november of 2011.right from the start i have not been receiving my free 250 monthly minn,the info.they send with the phone states,"IMPORTANT INFORMATION: to receive your FREE minutes automatically,you will need to keep your phone turned ON during the first 10 days of every month,if you haven't received your minutes after the 10th day of each month,please follow section B.ok so now we go to section B.1.press MENUE 2.prepaid will be displayed across your screen press OK or SELECT 3.go to REDEEM AIRTIME or ADD AIRTIME, press OK or SELECT.

4.if your screen displays a message,go down and press OK till you see CARD# or AIRTIME PIN.5.enter 555.then press OK.6.if you are prompted to use a promo code,press NO.you will receive your minutes shortly. well ok it doesn't take a rocket scientist to follow these directions!so off i go following steps1-6 and in about 5 minn my phone displays "system unavailable try later"it never works!! i call customer service and they tell me they already loaded the minn on my phone and thats not the case!!!! this has been going on for 3 months now.i qualify for this phone,im a single mom of a little girl with a disability,we need these minn!!!!!

i am so freakin upset and pissed off !!!

WTF is goin on with this company!talk about false hope and fraud!

86f4587
3.9
Had an experience with Safelink Wireless?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
disgusted

Aug 06 Galveston, Texas

Its August 2014....still have the same issue. Never get my minutes, 555 does not work. Constantly disconnected when speaking to customer Svc.

yolanda

Sep 04, 2012

Lately, this has been a monthly problem for the last 4 or 5 months. Then they have the nerve to question you like your lieing about you not getting your minutes for the month. I got so tired of safelink I called tracfone and got quicker and better results. After I wanted 20-28 minutes.

yancy

Aug 06, 2012

I'd had the same problem. I took the phone back off and battery out to get the Serial Number for customer service. Once I plugged the battery back in and turned on the phone I tried the "Add Airtime", Entered 555 for the pin, and hit "No" for the promo code. My minutes updated immediately.
Don't know if I only needed to turn the phone off or if taking the battery out was the key. But for anyone else reading this for help, I hope that it works for you.

1 0 Reply

Jul 06

Worked for me also. Thanks!

Bradley

Apr 11, 2012

Getting the minutes yourself NEVER works. You'll have to call their 1-800 number and talk to a representative. It will only take about 5 minutes once you actually get one on the phone, and then your phone will properly receive the minutes each month thereafter. I've been using mine for almost 3 years now, and never had a problem.

yttap

Mar 13, 2012

*** no! i already went thruogh 17 minn of enter this code and that code.this is just a ripp off ide never have service with this company.Assurance wireless people thats the way to go.dont contact me again

Corp.Ava

Mar 13, 2012

I am Ava and I work with SafeLink. Please let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelink.com and we will resolve your problem right away. Include your name, a contact number and your cell phone number or phone serial number. Just copy and paste your comments from the blog and include it in your email. We will fix this for you. Please include your blog name in your email.

Chase Madigan

Mar 07, 2012

Hi Yttap,

First, you could try to call their 1-800 number and ask a technical support representative to re activate your phone, not renew it though. Or option number 2, ask for a replacement phone is option 1 does not work.

jamie

Mar 03, 2012

Maybe you need a new phone.

×
You were reading a complaint about Safelink Wireless.
Filing a new complaint about
×