Last month my phone did not work so after trying several times to get a hold of someone to help fix it, I had to use someone else phone, I pressed the numbers from the prompts. I get a computer that says they are doing something to my phone, wait 15 minutes and make a call, if that doesn't work, to call back.

Did that and had to call back, get the same computer message. I called and tried a different prompt and finally got a human but I could not understand her, what country was she answering the phone from? After trying for over an hour and much frustration I was able to get my phone to work. Now this month I am having to same problem with my phone.

Jumped thru the same hoops as last month trying to talk to a human and I do not want to talk to someone in another country so I tried the live chat. I asked my question, got You do not have an account, so I set up an account. Asked my question again and I get a gray page that covers where I was and nothing happened. I really do appreciate Safe Link for giving me my phone and minutes.

But is this going to happen every month? How do I get to talk to a real person who hopefully speaks english?

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of not able to talk to a real person about phone problems. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "unable to talk to a real person about phone problems." of safelink wireless customer care. Safelink Wireless needs to "tell me how to talk to a real person and fix the problem so that it does not happen again" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned safelink wireless customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Safelink Wireless.

Comments

Safelink is a nightmare to deal with. No U.S.

based customer service people, some are downright rude.

I've had my service turned off multiple times and spent hours on the phone trying to get it fixed. Very bad customer service!

to Anonymous #1165418

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

This is EXACTLY what has happened to me the past two months. The phone isn't often used (I got it for my kids a few years ago so they'd have a phone to carry at times they were with their friends) and I don't keep it turned on all the time because I get many, many wrong number calls on it.

Last month I turned on the phone on the 1st to get my minutes. The screen said "PIN locked" and I needed to enter a PUK code. Called tech support and got the same recording as the other person describes, blah blah call back in 15 minutes. Called back several times, three or four 15 minute waits, and kept getting that message, which would then disconnect the call with no option for speaking to a human.

TIP: In this situation when you call tech support, when it asks you to enter your phone number, DON'T DO IT.

Just press a few random numbers, or say "operator, operator" into the phone, etc.. Robo guy won't understand and will transfer you to a rep.

Finally I was able to get an actual human person on the line who read me the PUK code. I'M SHOUTING IN ALL CAPS NOW TO EMPHASIZE THAT NOBODY ENTERED A WRONG PIN AND THAT IS NOT, NOT, NOT THE REASON THE PHONE GOT LOCKED. No wrong pin was entered.

This just happened out of the blue. Okay, it was a pain in the neck, but it got fixed.

Except the VERY SAME THING happened again this month on the 1st. I tossed the phone in a drawer in disgust until today when I had email reminding me to turn the phone on to get the minutes. So I decided I'd *** the bullet and deal with the horrid phone call to tech support again.

And again the person I finally got on the line said this happens when a wrong PIN is entered too many times. NO. NO WRONG PIN WAS ENTERED. EVER.

She wasn't tech support, she knew nothing about my phone and knew nothing about the issue except a boilerplate (wrong) reason for it.

I asked her point blank how to cancel my Safelink service in the event this happens again next month.

She refused to answer me, there was silence, I said "hello?" and she just mumbled something about the correct PIN (ARRGGHH!) and got off the line.

Horrible, horrible company.

to Anonymous #1154840

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

We get the same run around. For six months we have had to call to get the minutes applied to this account.

This is such a rip off.

to Anonymous #1153879

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.

To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelink.com.