Coverage Area
Style and Design

Update by user Feb 03

dumbasses I got response back from bbb stating they sent a fed ex package with application and had to send in documentation, when I stated in bbb complaint I refused to resign up and send documentation they don't know how to read a complaint and listen I shouldn't have to resend in they have on file, and should not have been cancelled in first place fed ex said I needed to call them for a return shipping label, called them, and idiots dint even know how to do that they wanted a contact number said they don't need one they said someone would get back in 7 days ha ha , called fed ex back, explained to nice person idiots cant send a return shipping label , and she understood must deal with this *** company all the time, and said the don't need a shipping return label, they will be back on Monday its Friday and will pick it back up and return to them, feel sorry for them, because im not paying to resend it when they shouldn't have send it in the first place hope they can recover money from them from shipping it her in the first place. doubt it.

Original review posted by user Jan 31

i first got safelink in 2008 and had no problems other than they misspelled my first name off by one letter didn't think anything of it and couple times called to get corrected and never seemed to, I live in country and I guess we had att service then in 2012 for some reason couldn't get service , found out, that att no longer serviced area and version did, so they sent me a new phone and I had to get a new phone , and got and everything been fine since, I then noticed had same account number but they finally corrected the spelling of my first name.since 2008 I did what they told me and receriteid every six months.

I recently did it sept 2016 in October I got a letter stating that fcc requirements, statings things did not match up and I noticed and you would think when I got new phone I should have gotten a new account number , I noticed my first name is misspelled, they stated I had to send in my dl and ss card which I did not feel comfrobale do to fraud reasons and they have all this on file when I first signed up, I called fcc and they said they showed my old phone number and I stated id don't even have that number andwhy should I send info on a number I have not had in over 4 years and why if a problem am I getting this over 7 years, they told me that safelink, would have to resend info with correct phone number, I called safelink many times only to get hung up on, they don't listen and told them what fcc stated,and stated I had to send in info, I told them I refused. well I get minutes on time every month. and in January didn't get minutes, and called and they said they cancelled my account due to not sending in info, when they clearly stated. and can see its same person.

so I got I though ahold of someone with common sense and she can see I had two phone numbers and I stated at beginning of call I am not going to resend info. she stated I did not have to she said she was going re reassigned me a new account number and spent an hour on phone then at end of call said will send info out and then when I get it I would have send in dl and stuff, . I just stated at beginning of call I wastn .I was so mad I hung up.

and I have put in complaint with bbb and to date bbb said there has been no response to my complaint what a joke.I treid tol tell them why did they cancel a acct I just cretifed 3 months ago, and had no right to cancel on current phone number when letter was on a old phone number , *** should have when I got new number assigned me a different account number.

Review about: Safelink Wireless Account.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Amything.

Had an Experience with Safelink Wireless?

Comments

If you don't like the policies involved with your FREE phone service and you refuse to comply like everyone else, pay for your own phone service where you will also be required to provide documentation. Being a stubborn pain in the *** will get you nowhere. I'm sure dealing with you in any customer service capacity must be a nightmare.

user55384954
to Anonymous #1304292

*** I should not have to provide documentation when it shouldn't have been cancelled in the first place.have you ever heard of identiy theft.

I called the fcc and said they had nothing from safelink.

so this was a scam.when I ad just provided documentation 2 months earlier to them, and had done every six months like I had done for the last 6 years.

CeCe2013

SafeLink sent me a cell phone in a timely manner, and now I know why they give them away for free.It's because they couldn't sell them for $1.00.

The sound quality is horrible, people cannot hear me, and vice versa.Don't waste your time calling customer service because you will get somebody in the Philippines, or India, or somewhere else who cannot speak English.

So I decided to go back to the old fashioned, reliable landline for $9.00 a month, no bundles and no features that I don't need and can make calls all over the U.S. and Canada at no extra charge.

I am glad I saved my old phone.What a difference in the sound quality!

Cameron, New York, United States #1281106

also why is it everything and every time I get a oh im sorry excuse and nothing is resolved an every complaint on her eis a *** generic hi im matt call such and such, that's not resolving the problem I do not want your *** I don't care apologizes and not resolve.

MattSL

Hi.I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent.

user55384954
to MattSL #1281002

no I wont click on your *** link that is useless either reinstate my phone and add my minutes for January and feb dumbassess

to MattSL #1281299

*** matt or robot I stated I wont click on this link I don't want your fake apologies

MattSL
to Anonymous #1283927

Hi.I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

You may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-378-1684.Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

to MattSL #1283968

no i wont call *** robot matt I have called before and still no response that is why I filed with attorney general and bbb because don't want to to talk to someone overseas that don't know how to speak and understand English and doesn't listen or have common sense

to MattSL Sunnyvale, California, United States #1281526

i dont want your fake *** apologizes and I know you are a robot matt you send the same *** message to every complaint