2.4K views

I would like to get the word out there to ANY and ALL field agents working for any company that contracts with Lifeline to sign up people for a cell phone. If you are hired as a 1099 contractor, AND are forced to attend weekly meetings, forced to adhere to a weekly schedule, forced to man the tents, are given supplies by the company to do your job including clothing, ipad, tablet, etc, AND hate the fact that you are paying 100% of your FICA/SS taxes with NO workers' comp coverage, when the employer really should be paying:

please file this form with the IRS

They have hired you illegally unless you are able to make your own schedule, purchase your own supplies, and never, never are forced to man a tent or work a set schedule. GET YOUR MONEY BACK. File the IRS form and they will help you.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #1314306

I completely agree!!!

Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation #1290165

Too many of these direct sales companies (Kirby, AT&T, Verizon, coupon books, knockoff perfume, etc.) hire people on as 1099 independent contractors because they don't want to pay an hourly wage or provide any benefits. But then they turn around and treat the 1099 contractor as a W2 employee when it suits them, i.e.

forced meetings, makes them work specific dates/times. Well, they can't have it both ways. You can't classify someone as 1099 but treat them as a W2 when it conveniences you.

There are IRS penalties for that. Also, if you take them to court (several direct sales companies have been taken to court) and prove they treated you as a W2 employee, you can get back pay and OT.

Versailles, Kentucky, United States #1290164

How do i become a master distributor? I think I am getting ripped off but I can't prove it.

to Anonymous Decatur, Alabama, United States #1356739

I WOULD LIKE THIS INFORMATION AS WELL

to Anonymous #1433610

We're are you located?

Barbourville, Kentucky, United States #940170

Can anyone tell me how I get the income tax form from safelink? I haven't received anything from them.

MattSL

I had the same problem and the people at this email address helped me fix my issue. I know that the email is going to the company themselves but the people handling these emails are very good.

Give it a try. The email address is SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelink.com.

Oh yeah, send them your name, cell number or your phone serial number.

to MattSL Huntsville, Texas, United States #872361

Email address SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelinl.com does not work. Have sent mail several times and get notification say mail undeliverable address invalid.

MattSL
to ***ed Off nTexas #888155

Hi Pissed Off nTexas. I am Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

The correct email address is SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelink.com. You can also contact our Customer Care Center at 1-800-378-1684 for assistance.

Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Thanks.