3.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have been receiving Safelink services since 2009 with minimal if any problems until this past August when I wanted to (finally!) upgrade my phone. I bought a tracfone and they could not transfer my accumulated (4000) minutes and of course that was not going to be good for me so I spent the next 3 days on and off (for an accumulative 4.5 hours) on the phone with 9 different barely understandable representatives.

No one was able to help me transfer the remaining minutes or even activate my new phone. I bought another tracfone because they told me it was "probably the phone" and there was no improvement. Finally, after 3 days, one person was able to figure out what the problem was and it was activated with the minutes. In November I received a "you have misinformation and need to send in proof of your name with 3 types of government approved identification" and I did...not 3 but 8 forms of approved government identification.

THEY made the mistake (they spelled my last name wrong). I did not receive a response from them so of course the next course of action from them instead of responding to my 8 submissions was to turn off the phone. I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get them to turn my Safelink phone back on and they couldn't. They said I need to reapply.

I said, "so I am being punished because of your mistake?" Of course they did not (because they are foreigners) understand my sarcasm. So....I reapplied, was approved, and of course (OF COURSE!) they could not do it with the "new" phone and I had to wait for them to send another phone. I asked them why bother? Just restart the old registered phone and they said, "oh no...you can't have 2 phones!

If Safelink finds out you have 2 phones you will get disqualified from receiving our services!" I felt like I was taking crazy pills. I said, "you are the dummies that sent me the second phone! I was just trying to save time and money for you!" God, they're so frigging ***!!! I HATE SAFELINK!!!!!!!

So...now, I finally got my phone all set up and they just sent me another letter that says, "if you don't make a phone call your services will be cancelled". Ugh...the majority of phone calls I make are to them!

How has this not registered? Sometimes "Free" is not better.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. I_hate_Safelink_CS stated that there is a room for improvement of repeating back what i already said. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of safelink wireless free wireless phone plan and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2. Safelink Wireless needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned safelink wireless free wireless phone plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Safelink Wireless.

Comments

Mountain View, California, United States #1352621

I totally agree. I signed up for free service on July3rd.

I never received a phone. I went and bought one today and tried to get my minutes transferred to the new trafone but all I got was a run around all day long. They kept telling me I lost my first phone when I never even received one. Then they told me to go buy a tracfone and they could easily move my minutes on to my plan.

Well I spent all day on the phone and nobody could help me. Just horrific service. I couldn't get them to send me a phone and now I cant get my minutes put on my plan after I bought a phone.

UNBELIEVABLE. WHY DID I EVER SIGN UP FOR THIS TORTURE!

MattSL

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. You can contact us via chat at http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId=41023 for us to assist you with your concern.

MattSL

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.