To date a friend has been unsuccessful in having SafeLink Service Support resolve the problem and would now like to change to another LifeLine provider.

The problem is he still has almost a year left on his contract.

My friend checked the FCC website https://www.fcc.gov/lifeline CONTACT US http://www.usac.org/li/tools/contact.aspx which mentioned "If your telecommunications company has not yet resolved your issue… Please contact your state public utility commission, which has jurisdiction over telecommunications companies." so he emailed his problem to New York Public Service Commission and received "we are unable to assist you in this matter...can be directed to the Office of Attorney General" but did not give a contact person or email address.

He then checked New York State Attorney General website http://www.ag.ny.gov/ but did not find a way to file a LifeLine Cell Phone complaint.

By this time he was extremely frustrated and I agreed to help. I have checked the Internet but have not found any mention of how to file a LifeLine complaint with the New York State Attorney General?

Would be nice if someone who has done this would provide instructions concerning how to file a LifeLine Provider complaint in New York State which seems to be different from most other states.

Thanks

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Safelink Wireless. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Safelink Wireless to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Safelink Wireless and safelink wireless phone plan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

MattSL

Hi. I am Matt and I work with SafeLink.

Let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelink.com and we will resolve your problem right away. You can also call our Customer Care Center at 611 from your SafeLink Phone (it’s a FREE call) or 1-800-378-1684 (from a landline phone) for assistance. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Thanks.