I have been trying to re-verify my SafeLink account since November 2017, after 6 letters and a multitude of texts from SafeLink reminding me to do so. The latest text, January 6, 2018, claims I have just 60 days to re-verify.

Neither of the problems below has ever happened, and I've re-verified every year since 2014, when I was first approved. When I've signed in on www.safelink.com/verify, a gray drop-down box has a message stating that I am NOT required to verify, and I am unable to proceed. Repeatedly. When I've called 1-800-723-3456, after I say "verify," I am automatically put on hold for a customer service agent.

Needless to say, it takes forever for an overseas phone bank rep to answer, wasting minutes, so I have to hang up. Finally, on December 31, 2017, (VERY FRUSTRATED,) I waited until "Debbie" picked up. Her accent was so heavy that I could not understand her. There was much repetition before I figured out what she was saying.

I explained my problems with verification, and told her that the SafeLink system had automatically transferred me to her. I read her the message from the website as well. After taking my sign-on information, she told me that she sees where I had just re-verified, and that it takes 24 hrs to show up on the web site. No matter how I tried, I could not make her understand that I WAS UNABLE TO RE-VERIFY AT ALL.

Needless to say, there has been no change to my status on the web site. I am not verified. I've been trying almost every day. HERE’S THE KICKER….Today, when I called 1-800-SafeLink, I got a loop recording, offering me "free" and "special deals" on personal safety devices, home alarms, insurance, etc.

Phone spam using the same female voice from SafeLink. Pushing the # button to decline just advances to the next "deal" and NEVER allowed me to connect to customer service. I tried the number twice, with the same outcome.

Now what? I’m stuck, and very angry.

Review about: Safelink Wireless Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments