I submitted my online application for a Safelink phone on August 2, 2015. The application itself was approved but Safelink required income documentation, which I already knew.

I emailed scanned copies of my 2015 Social Security Statement of Benefits (leaving out my S.S. number of course but including my name and address). This is my only income, but that apparently was not enough proof for Safelink. The website said that I would receive confirmation when my email was received, but I have sent and re-sent my documentation without any confirmation at all.

Despite sending a complaint email I still have not received any response from Safelink, much less the phone itself. In my personal opinion Safelink is a complete scam and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the application process itself is a sneaky way to obtain personal information, possibly for identity theft. This is the worst case of customer "service" I have ever encountered.

Buyer beware. Do your research and remember you usually get what you pay for.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of safelink wireless website. Safelink Wireless needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned safelink wireless website in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Safelink Wireless.

Comments

MattSL
#1020663

Hi. I am Matt and I work with SafeLink.

Let me help you get this resolved.

Send me an email at SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelink.com and we will resolve your problem right away.