2.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Recently Safelink Wireless allowed us to purchase a smart phone. I bought a used phone from their website.

My account was transferred to the new phone. The next day I discovered that it wasn't charging so had to send it back. Safelink transferred my number back to my old phone but took my accumulated minutes (around 5000) and put me back on a plan where I had to pay for my text messages. My original plan was 125 minutes monthly with rollover and free texts.

They offered me nothing back except my number - 300 minutes, no rollover plus I now have to pay for each text. The phone was repaired and sent back to me. Fast forward to yesterday - I received a sales letter in my email from Safelink. This letter is the first I received that even hinted that my service had been cancelled.

You have 5 days left to keep your service active. The good news is that 5 days is plenty of time to purchase a $20 Unlimited Plan! Get your new plan and start making calls, texting, and browsing the Internet today! I called Safelink and the runaround started.

The first call I was transferred 4 times, each time I had to navigate through their stupid computerized menu. The last guy to pick up said nothing to me but promptly hung up. I called back and got transferred yet again and was able to say hello to that computer yet again. Finally I was told that I had to submit proof that I was eligible - this is 5 days before my account was to be cancelled.

Such a small window to gather the proof and get it sent in. Safelink sent no notices though the mail, instead they send a sales letter to my email 5 days before cancellation. That doesn't officially say I was being cancelled (See the second paragraph). I have had this service since 2011 and still have the exact same qualifications.

I bought a phone that I am not going to be able to use. I am done with this company and the lack of decent customer service.

Review about: Safelink Wireless Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Failure to notify that service was ending.

Preferred solution: Nothing just go away.

I liked: Old lg phone.

I didn't like: Customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Comments