I just received my Oregon Safelink Smart Phone...finally! Even after I got an email stating it was shipped, it still took 3 weeks to find it's way to my mailbox.

The phone was too 'smart' for me to set up following the itty bitty printed instructions, so I called the 800# on the box flap. I was helped after a long wait and was told my 350 mins were loaded and the phone ready to use. I made a few phone calls to alert people to my new fone # and in the middle of one of these calls, the fone went dead. I waited till 8 this morning to use 611 to find out what is wrong.

After another looooong wait, I got transferred to a 'supervisor', but it was really just back into the waiting line. Once I got to another customer service rep, who was NOT a supervisor, I told him I was extremely frustrated and to get me to his supervisor. He demanded I tell him the problem first. He told me the phones in Oregon are only set up with 20 minutes and you have to call a 'special' number to get your real minutes.

And that made me mad. 'Why didn't I get told that by the guy setting up the phone yesterday? It seems to me one of you is in India, another in the Phillipinnes and NO ONE is giving good customer service!! I want a supervisor - NOW!" And the *** hung up on me.

Really Oregon?

This is the BEST you can do for hurting low income Oregon residents? Really???

Review about: Safelink Wireless Customer Care.

I didn't like: Total run around everytime have never had a good experience.

Comments

I mailed my phone to milwaukie,oregon for replacement 8 wks ago..where is it?? glen loving 9362258041..lovingglen67@gmail.com..thanks..im a disabled senior n need help with this.

CeCe2013

SafeLink sent me a cell phone in a timely manner, and now I know why they give them away for free.It's because they couldn't sell them for $1.00.

The sound quality is horrible, people cannot hear me, and vice versa. Don't waste your time calling customer service because you will get somebody in the Philippines, or India, or somewhere else who cannot speak English.

So I decided to go back to the old fashioned, reliable landline for $9.00 a month, no bundles and no features that I don't need and can make calls all over the U.S. and Canada at no extra charge.

I am glad I saved my old phone. What a difference in the sound quality!

MattSL

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent.

I have tracfone and I bought my phone. It didn't take long to set up.

I also have a landline phone, which through the Oregon Public Utilities commission I am allowed to have, suppose to pay $9.99 per month for it, and also qualified for internet access. Sadly, I just realized why my bill got high, which was because they jumped me up a tier, so now I have a $345 phone bill to pay.

I feel your pain.

MattSL
to Rhyanna #1277129

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

Portland, Oregon, United States #1276725

Sounds like someone gets too many free handouts. It would be a shame if those luxuries get taken away. ;-)

Tillamook, Oregon, United States #1276723

So, you want $350 because you got poor customer service for your free phone service?