2.8K views
Style and Design

I called the #listed on the web site and the guy (if I understood him correctly) said that my acct. has been cancelled because of something I did on line when I tried to recertify my acct.!

#1 I need to recertify and I need a new phone. the phone that I got when I entered this program is not holding a chg and several of the buttons stick. i told the guy this and he said i have to reapply! now i'm trying to reapply and am getting NO WHERE!

i need help.

i'm elderly, on Disability/SS and why is this being so difficult? ugh!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Safelink Wireless Account.

Preferred solution: need a CSR that speaks english please! .

I didn't like: Need to speak english.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 08.

Comments

I mailed in my re-certification paperwork on August 15, 2018 and my phone display still says service days left 0. I still have unused minutes of: 18603.29 but the display days left hasn't updated. HELP PLEASE

worried about my situation why has my phone not been been restored sent all my info to Oregon many days ago have enrollment number no real humans to speak to

My wife had the same problem. She got a text message saying that she needed to call the number to re-certify!

After several attempts to do it via phone, using her minutes she gave up. She called the number, and got someone with an Indian or Pakistani accent. He asked her numerous questions which she answered honestly, and no matter what answer she gave he insisted that all her answers were wrong. After several attempts to do it via phone, using her minutes she gave up.

The person who was asking the questions could not even speak English in a way the one could comprehend, and I had heard the conversation because she had it on the phone speaker I finally told her I would get on line and do it for her. She gave me her enrollment ID, and the whole process took less than three minutes. Thinking all was well, when the first of the month rolled around, she only received 42 minutes, not the 500 minutes she was receiving previously. She never had this problem before, and it was more of an interrogation than asking questions.

The person on the phone was asking questions like someone was phishing to obtain information fraudulently! There were several questions asked that were inappropriate. She is on medicade, and never had this problem before. My advice is to contact safelink wireless and express your concerns.

If enough people do that, maybe someone will listen. The Indians and Pakistanis are famous for on line fraud scams and phishing. If you call and get someone with those accents, and you can't understand them my advise to you is to hang up, and keep calling until you get someone who can speak English! If you can get someone who has internet, and do it on line.

Beware of people who ask questions like your social security number, and your income if you already have a safelink phone and are just re-certifying. If you use your enrollment ID number, they already have all that information through that number. If you are just applying for your initial phone, you may have to answer questions about income, social security number etc.. The bottom line is if you can't understand them, and you feel uncomfortable with the way they are asking you questions, tell them they are being rude.

If that continues hang up and call safelink and file a complaint. Safelink has a good reputation, and they probably don't know how you are being treated. If you don't call, they will never know!!

If enough people do that Safelink will take action. Their company is a good company and although your phone maybe free, they will still respond, as they are an extremely vigilant and good company.

skydee69

trying to recertify can't do it on telephone or online help!

MattSL
to skydee69 #1579597

Hi skydee69. I'm Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Let us help you with your concern. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

I am having the same issue recertifying my safelink phone. Mine expires sept 7 and i faxed the forms over a week ago but my account isnt being updated.

Phone support is of no help. Live chat on their website they all tell u to call over the phone.

I got a recertification notice in the mail saying that I needed to recertify immediately. When I tried, I got a notice saying that I didn't need to and would be notified 4 months in advance.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Now, what do I do if they cancel my service?

I am a homeless veteran on Medicaid. This is really hard.

This not understanding or just don't care attitude with customers is very depressing. I have been without minutes for about 2 months .

I call continuously and get the same information that they gave me the last time. I was told just last week that I would receive a application in the mail by Thursday or the latest Friday. I have received nothing!!!!!! I've called numerous times and they tell me I need to recertify.

In order to do this I need a form or application right?? I even sent in my documents and still no result. Please, Please tell what to do???

Calling is not working, going on the internet to apply is not so maybe this will work. If not tell me what to do and I will do it.

stop

I have received a voice mail telling me to recertify my phone.I tried the online,but it did not work! So,I tried the phone number.

All I got was a looooong line of options that ended with the recorded voice telling me that my response was not received and would I call again later!!!!!!!!!! I am almost out of minutes.

I can't get the online apt to work. So I ask you just how am I can recertify my phone????????????

MattSL

This is Matt from SafeLink Wireless. I see you need help with your concern.

Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH.