Clarksville, Tennessee
21.5K views

I received a call from Safelink saying I needed to recertify. When I called them, I was told I didn't need to do it now, that I had until October to do it.

I called the technical support number and was told the original number I had already called and they couldn't tell me what the heck was going on or WHY I had received a call telling me to recertify. THEN to make it all BETTER (sic), I had purchase extra minutes when my son was in the hospital and they took my extra minutes and did not roll them over after 3 mos. I purchased these myself. It should not have affected rollover on minutes I had purchased myself.

They said it would affect the 250 minutes I got from them, not ones PURCHASED BY ME. So to say I'm unhappy with Safelink, is putting it mildly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Safelink Wireless Technical Support.

Comments

I gave up on the free phones years ago. None of them have consistent info on service or equipment and got screwed over so many times. Just pay for the minutes on a no contract prepaid phone and be done with it.

ive been with this program safelink for quite some time and my service said good tell march 28th 2020 and now all the sudden my service is off what the *** is going on I don't know how to do nothing im handicapped and disabled and have seizures and I need my phone really bad its important I have my phone with this health condition

B.C.
@Anonymous

Don't reach out to SafeLink. They're useless. Reach out to their parent company's headquarters in FL (Tracfone).

Garry Leigh
Telecommunications Expert
You may try to reach out to the SafeLink Wireless top management team by sending a formal letter to the company corporate office. You may also share your experience with other SafeLink Wireless users by posting your comments via the company social media. Please find the company contact information on the SafeLink Wireless Contacts tab on the Pissed Consumer website.
Tulsi

I'm an 80 yr old veteran with cancer & other serious issues. On August 27, 2019 my phone service was terminated.

I live alone and I've been without phone service for a month. I've submitted my proof of eligibility twice via fax to (866) 902-5756, and mailed copies directly to Safelink in Oregon. I have not received confirmation of receipt or restoration of service.

Their phone agents are difficult to understand and therefore communications is less than poor. This gov't sponsored program needs to be investigated by a congressional oversight committee.

Ailed

I have been trying to recertify for 5 months! I get text saying to call and do it .

I call and end up on phone for 1 hour and 17 minutes. And guess what? Still no phone. You have to record voice and guess what?

Equipment don't work so we used a different number and different employee guess what? Still nothing. I gave up.

But I call at least once a month now to see if anything changes.... Nope.

We are done with Safelink. They should not b in business. You get no help from them.

Hi. I'm Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

We regret to hear that you are displeased with the service. We understand that your previous experience was unpleasant, and we wish to make it right for you. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent or call 1-800-378-1684. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

same happened to me .

Hi. I'm Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some problems. Allow us to help you with your enrollment concerns. To better assist you with this matter, please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent or call enrollment support at 1-800-977-3768. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Maedell

a few months ago I got a text to recertify I called and I did everything I was told I was good to go and then 2 days ago they turned my phone off I called them they said I did not recertify witch is a lie. she did turn my phone back on.

but then a few days later I got another text saying I did not recertify again I called and she told me because I failed to recertify I would not be able to get my phone anymore I would like to know why every one in in the us can have a free phone but me im disabled too. hello.

@Maedell

Hi HotBeaver874. I'm Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

I'm very sorry that you are having issues with your enrollment. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent or call enrollment support at 1-800-977-3768. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Verena

Hi. I'm Matt from SafeLink Wirless.

I read your post, and I'll be happy to help you with your concern. To better assist you with this matter, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent or call 1-800-378-1684. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

I NEED SOME MIN ON MY PHONE MY PHONE NO IS 806 486 3888 MY NAME IS SANDRA MCCORMICK MY ADDRESS IS 1328 N STARKWEATHER ST PAMPA TEXAS PLEASE I NEED MY MINS

Hi. I'm Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog and I want to help you. Please copy and paste this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent or call 1-800-378-1684. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Yeah never had a problem with safe link now this verifier comes along u can't even understand the people one days yes your recertify the one saying go on line neither work what's up SafeLink.

Hi. I'm Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

I'm sorry that you are having problem with your enrollment. We would like to discuss the details of the issue, so that we can address it immediately. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent or call enrollment support at 1-800-977-3768. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Marna

I was not notified to recertified and was told since I did not recertified I had enroll again. I enrolled again and was told I did not qualified.

I qualified both ways Medicaid of my son and I qualified under low income.

Now what ? Steve

@Marna

Hi VoluminousTrout. I'm Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

I noticed your post on this blog and I want to help you. Please click on this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH to chat with a live agent. For your convenience, you may contact one of our customer care representatives at 1-800-977-3768. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Should read 1500 minutes which I have NOT used up