When I first found out about this service, I was so happy. I had become really sick, and had major surgery, and still have to have more.

It started out okay - the enrollment was easy. They sent me a phone, but it had a Texas area code - I live halfway across the country. I tried to change it, but customer service was a run around. In the last 6 months or so, they kept texting to upgrade, and that I could purchase the new phone at Walmart.

I got the phone in Jan 2016, Spoke to customer service, had a local number assigned. I was able to use the new phone for about 2 1/2 weeks, then noticed the service was to end on 2/6/16. I had already renewed the "contract", so I called, and called. The CSR's kept telling me I had to buy minutes - I have NEVER used up all my minutes EVER!

So I was transferred to a manager, then a Supervisor, finally last week. She was nice enough, and said she would send a new SIM card. It arrived, I called them, and was told AGAIN that I had to purchase minutes. I talked to another so-called manager - "Kimberly" who said because they didn't send the phone I had to buy minutes to activate the phone!

I tried to tell her that is not what the Supervisor told me the week before. Basically her attitude was like too bad. I'm really pissed!! I need the phone for doctor appointments etc.

I am really tired of the run-around! The theory of the service is great, but the CSR is horrible! I feel like contacting the AG, BBB, or a consumer reporter, because I know after reading other complaints I'm not the only one. It is very frustrating!!

Plus I had left over minutes on the old phone, I didn't care if I lost them just to have the phone working.

And after talking to the manager Kimberly I gather they don't care either. :(

Product or Service Mentioned: Safelink Wireless Phone Service.

Comments

MattSL

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.