When I first found out about this service, I was so happy. I had become really sick, and had major surgery, and still have to have more.

It started out okay - the enrollment was easy. They sent me a phone, but it had a Texas area code - I live halfway across the country. I tried to change it, but customer service was a run around. In the last 6 months or so, they kept texting to upgrade, and that I could purchase the new phone at Walmart.

I got the phone in Jan 2016, Spoke to customer service, had a local number assigned. I was able to use the new phone for about 2 1/2 weeks, then noticed the service was to end on 2/6/16. I had already renewed the "contract", so I called, and called. The CSR's kept telling me I had to buy minutes - I have NEVER used up all my minutes EVER!

So I was transferred to a manager, then a Supervisor, finally last week. She was nice enough, and said she would send a new SIM card. It arrived, I called them, and was told AGAIN that I had to purchase minutes. I talked to another so-called manager - "Kimberly" who said because they didn't send the phone I had to buy minutes to activate the phone!

I tried to tell her that is not what the Supervisor told me the week before. Basically her attitude was like too bad. I'm really pissed!! I need the phone for doctor appointments etc.

I am really tired of the run-around! The theory of the service is great, but the CSR is horrible! I feel like contacting the AG, BBB, or a consumer reporter, because I know after reading other complaints I'm not the only one. It is very frustrating!!

Plus I had left over minutes on the old phone, I didn't care if I lost them just to have the phone working.

And after talking to the manager Kimberly I gather they don't care either. :(

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of safelink wireless phone service. Safelink Wireless needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned safelink wireless phone service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Safelink Wireless.

Comments

MattSL

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.