I became eligible for free safelink serv. and the BYOP...bring ur own ph.

Serv worked for 2 days. Next day no serv. Called Safelink tech supp. and their solution was to turn ph.

off n on...didnt work. So Safelink Tech instructed me to take battery out. I told tech I didnt know how. Tech asked what type of ph I had.

I said HTC M8 One, and upon tech instructions my ph was inoperable. The front screen came off and distributed various colored lines across my ph, as well as discovering the ph functions stopped completely. This was an expensive phone and repair is COSTLY, in the ball park of $300. plus.

Another tech stated it was my fault because In was the one who opened phone. Unfortunately I cannot supply pictures because my phone is inoperable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Safelink Wireless Technical Support.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Awful.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 06, 2017.

Comments

#1302045

Although Safelink gave their corporate response of denying responsibility, and BBB closed my case, my WAS NOT resolved. I was basically dismissed!

CeCe2013

SafeLink sent me a cell phone in a timely manner, and now I know why they give them away for free.It's because they couldn't sell them for $1.00.

The sound quality is horrible, people cannot hear me, and vice versa. Don't waste your time calling customer service because you will get somebody in the Philippines, or India, or somewhere else who cannot speak English.

So I decided to go back to the old fashioned, reliable landline for $9.00 a month, no bundles and no features that I don't need and can make calls all over the U.S. and Canada at no extra charge.

I am glad I saved my old phone. What a difference in the sound quality!

MattSL

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble. To resolve the problem, please click on this link http://bit.ly/2gQCmUz?caseId= to chat with a live agent.