Resolved
1.1

SafeLink has absolutely no way to contact their Customer Service to get anything done. They are falsely advertising phone number contacts to speak with a CSR, not a single one of these goes to a live CSR.

They are advertising on their website "Live Chat". Their Live Chat goes to a broken link, no matter how many times I have tried it.

I did a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), installed their SIM card, they gave me a phone number in Detroit. I don't live in Detroit, I don't even live in that county (Wayne). A phone # change can be done by calling and using auto menus, it still gave me the same incorrect area code.

The phone number I have with them has area code of "313".

I live in the area code of "586". This should be a simple change, but not for SafeLink who seemingly has NO oversight with this million dollar Federal Govt. contract.

Their main #'s: 800-723-3546, 800-378-1684, 800-867-7183, and Customer Care is 611.

Every single one of these puts you in their non-ending menu selections. There is NO Press any # for a CSR.

Pressing "0" replays the same message choices. It does not voice-recognize so saying "Customer Service" or "Support" will bring up a similar-sounding menu choice.

SafeLink has NO email to contact them, nothing. They also do not have a Facebook or Twitter or Instagram presence, there is no way to contact them thru those avenues either.

I was able to get thru to a very hard-to-understand CSR once. She went thru the steps for changing my #, sent a verification code text to my phone, and then promptly HUNG UP on me.

My # was not changed. I have not been able to get a CSR on the phone. They are falsely advertising support phone numbers.

Yesterday I used my limited LifeLine minutes trying to reach SafeLink CSR, I called over 30 times, using up my minutes, but never reached a single live person. The site for Get Human was not able to get ahold of any people either.

This was when they were open for business, between 1:00 and 2:30 PM, Eastern time.

False advertising. They are not actually "open" for customers.

So every single thing in my "agreement" with SafeLink that you may need to do is directed at these phone numbers. This includes: phone number changes, broken LifeLine phone, phone upgrade, help with VM, help with billing, activating your handset, monthly useage questions, lost devices, use of Wi-Fi Calling, etc.

And Not a Single Avenue to Contact SafeLink CSR works. None.

It's all endless menus that repeat the same choices, no CSR.

This is sadly a company with a very large govt. contract that is ripping off the poor and Disabled in this country, and they should not have this contract. They have no real oversight. They are falsely advertising support and CSR contacts and technical support that they absolutely DO NOT offer, which lured me in to sign up with them.

I do not live in Wayne County.

I do not want a 313 area code. I live in Macomb County.

I want a 586 area code. This simple change of number for a Disabled individual who was approved for the LifeLine Program has been absolutely impossible for SafeLink because they can not be contacted.

Product or Service Mentioned: Safelink Wireless Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Safelink Wireless Cons: Talking to an agent, Falsely supplying customer service phone numbers.

• Safelink Headaches
  • Safelink Bad Customer Service
  • Safelink Customer Service

Comments

Verena

Hi PerkyTasmanian Devil. This is Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

I'm really sorry if you're having problem with your phone number. Let us further review your account so we can help you resolve your issue. Please chat with us using this link http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH or call us at 1-800-378-1684. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Safelink Wireless Reviews