2.2
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Lost my phone a week or so ago and called Safelink this morning to request a replacement.Their Terms and Conditions (section 13) say that a customer may request and receive one replacement phone, and this is my first time requesting one.

All three reps I spoke to refused, claiming my phone was "ineligible" because it's a smartphone, and because I don't meet their "loyalty" qualifications. There is nothing in the terms that I signed distinguishing eligibility for replacement phones by smartphone status, or by customer loyalty. I spent at least ten minutes on the phone with the final rep trying to get her to understand that by adhering to a policy that violates their own terms and conditions, Safelink Wireless is effectively defrauding me; but all I got in response was an almost robotic repetition of the fact that my phone is ineligible. I am beyond furious.

When I made decent money and didn't need a government cell phone, it pains me to think my tax dollars were subsidizing this poor excuse for a business.

I will be looking up watchdog agencies to report this incident to.I needed a phone to help me get back on my feet, and by breaking their terms of service Safelink has set me back significantly.

Review about: Safelink Wireless Cell Phone Replacement.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Fraudulent replacement policy.

Comments

MattSL

Hi.I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Let me help you in resolving that issue.To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to tracfone@fb-tracfone.com to further assist you.