Beacon, New York
2.7K views 14 comments

i received my phone in november of 2011.right from the start i have not been receiving my free 250 monthly minn,the info.they send with the phone states,"IMPORTANT INFORMATION: to receive your FREE minutes automatically,you will need to keep your phone turned ON during the first 10 days of every month,if you haven't received your minutes after the 10th day of each month,please follow section B.ok so now we go to section B.1.press MENUE 2.prepaid will be displayed across your screen press OK or SELECT 3.go to REDEEM AIRTIME or ADD AIRTIME, press OK or SELECT.

4.if your screen displays a message,go down and press OK till you see CARD# or AIRTIME PIN.5.enter 555.then press OK.6.if you are prompted to use a promo code,press NO.you will receive your minutes shortly. well ok it doesn't take a rocket scientist to follow these directions!so off i go following steps1-6 and in about 5 minn my phone displays "system unavailable try later"it never works!! i call customer service and they tell me they already loaded the minn on my phone and thats not the case!!!! this has been going on for 3 months now.i qualify for this phone,im a single mom of a little girl with a disability,we need these minn!!!!!

i am so freakin upset and pissed off !!!

WTF is goin on with this company!talk about false hope and fraud!

Review about: Lg Electronics Cell Phone.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Safelink Wireless?

Comments

Mine keeps doing same thing what the ***

MattSL
to Anonymous #1043976

Hi.I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

We're sorry for the trouble.To resolve the problem, please send us an email with your account information to SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelink.com.

ronald aplin
Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States #1013760

COMPANY NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED--THERE IS FRUAD GOING ON HERE .! 214dodgeram@gmauil.com

Mysti0421
Morristown, Tennessee, United States #925651

I just had this problem for about 3 days and finally called Safelink.The entire thing was automated and it took about 10 minutes.

I had to enter a bunch of codes into the phone and that was it. It is fixed now.

I received 500 minutes and I am pretty sure that I normally only get 250.No idea what's up with that, but if you're having this problem just call the number.

disgusted
Galveston, Texas, United States #852490

Its August 2014....still have the same issue. Never get my minutes, 555 does not work. Constantly disconnected when speaking to customer Svc.

yolanda

Lately, this has been a monthly problem for the last 4 or 5 months.Then they have the nerve to question you like your lieing about you not getting your minutes for the month.

I got so tired of safelink I called tracfone and got quicker and better results.After I wanted 20-28 minutes.

yancy

I'd had the same problem.I took the phone back off and battery out to get the Serial Number for customer service.

Once I plugged the battery back in and turned on the phone I tried the "Add Airtime", Entered 555 for the pin, and hit "No" for the promo code. My minutes updated immediately.

Don't know if I only needed to turn the phone off or if taking the battery out was the key.But for anyone else reading this for help, I hope that it works for you.

Fawn
to yancy Ecorse, Michigan, United States #638020

This method works just used it thanks :grin

to yancy #836549

Worked for me also. Thanks!

Bradley

Getting the minutes yourself NEVER works.You'll have to call their 1-800 number and talk to a representative.

It will only take about 5 minutes once you actually get one on the phone, and then your phone will properly receive the minutes each month thereafter.I've been using mine for almost 3 years now, and never had a problem.