Safelink renegued on their offer to provide free phones and minutes to veterans after soliciting their participation and accepting them into their program.

over the last year, at florida va clinics, safelink representatives recruited and approved 100's of veterans in a program offering a free phone and minutes. flyers, brochures and web sites advertised the program.

Safelink reps personally were on site and solicitied veterans to join the program. i received mine on 6/16/15. on 8/1/15, veterans in the program received a letter from safelink saying failure to provide documentation that they were on govt subsidized economic programs (food stamps, ssi, free lunch program,etc.) or their enrollment in the program would be cancelled.

Contacting Safelink to resolve the conflict resulted in no more than reps re-reading the letter to callers and re-stateing they had to submit the documentation or lose the phone service.

Clients are unable to reach anyone at Safelink regarding the program they were offering to Veterans.

This person wrote the review because of not as described at Safelink Wireless. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1 and wants Safelink Wireless to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was are undependable and untrustworthy. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Safelink Wireless and safelink wireless phone service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Eustis, Florida, United States #1180011

Mine worked for 2 yrs. While trying to get me to purchase more minutes..

Shut off recently. Safelink cust service very rude and disrespectful.

Asked for supervisor no avail. Another scam on Vetetans and no one cares.

MattSL
to kevan Cebu, Cebu, Philippines #1180837

Hi. I’m Matt from SafeLink Wireless.

it looks like the company that had those agents in the street were a sub hired company, that scammed Safelink. Safelink realized it and sent the letters to try to give those customers a chance to keep their phones. I have a cousin that works at Safelink and he told me that this other company was fired and now they are initiating legal actions to recover the money that they will need to return.

Appear the safelink only was trying to get veterans information for commercial purpuse. Selling customers personal information is a big business for those crooked business like safelink. I also received a cell phone in the Clermont Fl VA clinic and few months later, safelink send me a letter asking more personal information to qualify for the program.

US Army Retiree.

MattSL

Hi. I am Matt and I work with SafeLink.

Let me help you get this resolved. Send me an email at SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelink.com and we will resolve your problem right away. You can also call our Customer Care Center at 611 from your SafeLink Phone (it’s a FREE call) or 1-800-378-1684 (from a landline phone) for assistance. Our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.

Thanks.