Safelink advertises themselves as a lifeline service for low income customers. I don't understand how they can claim that when the following just happened to me and I'm sure many others.

I recently called you to request a replacement battery for my phone and was told batteries are not replaced but a new phone would be sent out. What they didn't tell me was that my existing phone would immediately be deactivated. When I called the next day after I realized I had no service I was told that was the way it is and this is the policy to insure that the old phone is returned. That means that the lifeline service is not available to us for anywhere between 7 and 10 days.

What would happen in the event of an emergency? This policy in no way guarantees that the old phone will be returned. Upon receipt of the new phone customers need to call and activate and 1 this activation is completed is one they should deactivate the existing phone. That would allow the customer, family and relatives peace of mind in knowing that the customer has the ability to reach someone in the event of an emergency.

Safelink and tracfone do not use common sense and the fact that they advertise themselves as a lifeline is absolutely ridiculous. Communicating with these companies is very difficult because of the language barrier. Maybe it's the language barrier that is the problem here. Who am I trying to kid.

The language doesn't play into this.

What does plan to this is the non caring attitude of the call center representatives as well as the management and others associated with decision making.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of safelink wireless phone service. Safelink Wireless needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned safelink wireless phone service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Safelink Wireless.

Comments

MattSL

Hi. I am Matt and I work with SafeLink.

Let me help you get this resolved.

Send me an email at SL.CorpResolutionTeam@safelink.com and we will resolve your problem right away.