Walton, New York

My disabled mom is almost 80.she recently lost her daughter to diabetes and is know living alone.

She does not use the computer becasue she partially blind and she went through a lot just to get an application. when she finally did, they denied her not once but twice because they said she has a post office box. She does not have a post office box nor has she ever. each denial letter was sent to her street address!!!

they will not let me her daughter represent her so thats it?? theirs no more they can do to help her? walk down the street and see how many able bodied people with home phones and money to buy fancy cases for their government phones and ask where the justice is that someone who desperately needs one goes without.

Great, many people are entitled and great for them, im not saying they shouldn't have one, im saying that the company could take two dam seconds to just listen or read what the customer has to say then she wouldnt be going without one.wtf.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. patticake1428 is quite happy with program and stated that there is a room for improvement of customer services and unclear where to go for help. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of application. Safelink Wireless needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned application in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Safelink Wireless.

Had an Experience with Safelink Wireless?

Comments

MattSL

Hi patticake1428.I am Matt and I work with SafeLink.

You will need to contact the SafeLink Enrollment Department at 1-800-977-3768 from Monday - Saturday, 8:00 AM EST to 10:00 PM EST and on Sunday 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST for further assistance with the enrollment. For you to be able to speak directly to a representative upon contacting our SafeLink Wireless Enrollment Department, please follow these options:

1. Press “1” for English or “2” for Spanish

2. Press 1 for Application

Enter your zip code

4. Say “Yes” or “No” to confirm your zip code

5. Choose “1” or “2” depending on which method you qualify for the SafeLink Program and then listen to the instructions 6. At end of the instruction, please say “Help” in order to be connected to a live SafeLink agent.

Thank you.

to MattSL #941400

lol, do you know how many times we have heard that?Maybe im being bios and unfair only because i have heard that a million times but at least you have taken the time to type it out so I will give it another try.

I will jump back on here and give my honest report to what happens when i sit with my mom and we try to call with these instructions you have given and let you know what happens.Thank you Matt for your time in reply.

Clinton, Illinois, United States #941259

I've had problems with them, too.I'm a senior and i have a landline phone (Magic Jack) but when the electricity goes out, my phone won't work.

I live in a small town in IL where I really don't know anybody and if we had a period of extended bad weather like a bad ice storm or anything that would cause the electricity to go out, I wouldn't have any way to let anybody know and my family in Ohio couldn't get hold of me.

I've tried two separate times to get the Safelink phone and both times the same thing has happened. The phones didn't work when I GOT them; one the person on the other end couldn't hear anything and the second one didn't manage to come with a phone number. Both times I called "customer service" and both times I ended up with somebody on the other end who ALMOST spoke English but not quite. I couldn't understand a word they were saying and they didn't understand what I was talking about.

The idea of the phones is really wonderful and seriously helpful for those of us on fixed incomes who can't afford the enormous cost of fancy cell phones and their monthly bills.

As it turned out I eventually gave up because it was making me crazy to think that everybody was paying taxes for this and they weren't getting their money's worth, even though so many people complain about the free phones and giving them away, they really don't understand the situation. I get really scared when my internet or electricity goes down because then I have...

I have an old flip phone and a $5/month Verizon plan which is fine because I don't use it for anything but to talk to my daughter who is also on Verizon so we talk for free except for the $1 charge on my program.

I feel badly for people who don't even have THIS much and can't get the ideas across to the Safelink people.But until they hire people who are within the contiguous 48 states whose native language is English, the program won't ever really work correctly.